We look forward to welcoming you to the San Francisco Bay Area in 2020, when the Cathedral of Christ the Light in Oakland hosts our annual gathering, January 6–9.
We will be celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Conroy Memorial Organ (Letourneau, Op. 118).
- Concert organist David Briggs will perform the anniversary recital and give an improvisation masterclass to conference attendees.
- The Cathedral Camerata will perform an all 21st century program of choral music, including David Briggs' Requiem.
Conference speakers include:
- Dr. William Mahrt (Medieval and Renaissance Scholar)
- Fr. James Moore, OP
- Dr. Frank La Rocca
- Dr. Crista Miller (on the organ in Catholic worship)
- Bishop Michael Barber, SJ (on a Bishop's vision for an urban cathedral in the 21st century.
We will also have a round-table to discuss chorister formation.
The Oakland City Center Mariott Hotel has given us a conference rate of $150 per night—a steal for the Bay Area! Reservations can be made by clicking here. Both Oakland International Airport (OAK) and San Francisco International Airport (SFO) are accessible via BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit).
The Cathedral of Christ the Light is at the center of an exciting revitalization of Oakland's historic business district. From Lake Merritt to Jack London Square there is much to do and see, and some very fine dining and drinking establishments. San Francisco is just a fifteen minute Bart ride under the bay.
To register for the conference and see additional information—including the conference schedule, please click here.